Classes, camps and workshops are available to all children and adults who are capable of safely studying circus and performing arts. In order to make our program accessible to all families and artists, regardless of their ability to pay, The Actors Gymnasium has generous need-based scholarship and work/study barter programs. Any student may apply; scholarships range between 25% – 100% of the cost of the class. Applicants may receive one scholarship per student per session, with a maximum of two scholarships per family, per session
To Apply for a Scholarship
We require each family to submit the full application with all supplemental documents once per school year (Fall Session through Summer Session). Scholarships do not automatically carry over to the next session. Applicants wishing to renew their scholarship within the same school year are required to resubmit items 1-3 each session.
Applications and forms are due by the end of the first week of the session for which the student is applying. However, because there are a limited number of scholarships available, applicants are encouraged to submit their paperwork as early as possible.
1. Scholarship App
2. Financial Needs Letter
- Please explain the cause or need for the scholarship. If parents live separately, please be certain to describe the custodial arrangement and sources of financial support for the student.
3. Student Letter – please address the following questions:
- a. Why do you want to study at The Actors Gymnasium?
- b. What other class(es) have you taken at The Gym?
- c. If you have received assistance in the past, what impact did that have?
- d. What are your goals from taking the requested class?
4. Copies of the following documents (no originals please):
- a. Most recent IRS 1040 form (the previous year’s filing form is acceptable). W-2s are considered inadequate for this purpose; applications containing W-2 copies and no IRS returns will be considered incomplete).
- b. Two most recent paystubs or proof of current public assistance.
Return these items by the end of the first week of the new session to The Actors Gymnasium by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Actors Gymnasium
927 Noyes Street
Evanston, IL 60201
To Apply to the Work-Study Barter Program
Fill out the Application for Barter Student and email it to us at email@example.com
Barter students generally provide their services as artists, carpenters, or office assistants. Barter students work in exchange for class time. Students must work 2 hours for each hour of class time desired. To avoid incurring a charge at the end of a session, barter students must complete all owed work hours before the end of the session, unless other arrangements are made.