Circus Learning Pods
Small group, socially distanced circus and theatre activities from the comfort of your yard or a nearby green space.
Serving Chicago, Evanston, and the greater North Shore area.
What to expect
Learning pods give students a creative outlet away from their screens, and an opportunity for safe, in-person activities with their peers.
It’s like recess for remote learning, with expert instructors who specialize in circus arts, dance, theatre, and more!
Pod classes are one hour and can accommodate up to 6 students.
1 Class $120
4 Classes $100/class
8+ Classes $80/class
Need assistance participating in a pod? Please fill out this form, and we’ll be in touch to help you cover the cost!
Want to host a learning pod?
It’s easy to get started:
Let us know you'd like to host.
You don’t need to have all the details yet – just a desire to bring the circus to you! Simply fill out the form below, and we’ll reach out to chat about next steps.
Gather your friends!
Reach out to friends and neighbors who might be interested in joining your pod.
Book your pods.
Once you’ve assembled your group, we’ll finalize the dates with you, and pair you with an instructor.
Ready to get started? 👇
Fill out this form, and we’ll reach out to you within one business day (if not sooner)!
- Instructors and students will wear masks at all times.
- Instructors will take each students’ temperature when they arrive. Anyone with a temperature 100.4 or above will be sent home and not allowed to participate until they’ve been temperature-free for 48 hours.
- Instructor will plan activities that maintain a 6’ distance between students, unless otherwise agreed upon by all families.
- Students should bring their own hand sanitizer, and instructor will remind them to sanitize before and after touching any equipment.
In case of illness
- Students and instructor will not participate if they are experiencing any illness or symptoms of Covid-19. They will not attend class until they’ve been symptom-free for 48 hours.
- If instructor is unable to teach, a substitute will be secured asap to continue with established schedule.
- If it’s the hosting family, an alternate location will be sought.
- Class hours purchased are non-refundable, but we will honor all hours purchased.
- Changes in schedule or location should only happen in case of weather, and at instructor discretion.
- Effort will be made to make the decision about a cancellation as far in advance as possible– at least one hour prior to class time.
- If a sheltered open air location is available, class may be moved rather than rescheduled. Class will only be moved indoors with Actors Gym approval, and at instructor discretion.
- A make-up time will be rescheduled asap to accommodate all families. A substitute teacher may be employed if necessary for scheduling purposes.
- If schedule or location changes outside of weather are needed, Actors Gym must be given 48 hours advanced notice.