We are actively seeking an Executive Director to partner with the Artistic Director and Board of Directors. The Executive Director provides overall leadership for the daily operations of the organization, ensuring its viability and adherence to its artistic mission and strategic plan. The Executive Director has primary responsibility for the organization’s administration, marketing, financial management, fund raising, public/community relations, and human resources management. The Executive Director, along with the Artistic Director, is responsible for implementing strategic direction. Learn more
Production Internship: Quest Winter Circus
Production Internship – Immediate Opening
The Actors Gym seeks a Production Intern to work with esteemed theatre artists Leslie Buxbaum-Danzig and Sylvia Hernandez-DiStasi on creating Quest, which opens February 11. The production intern will work directly with the Artistic Director and creative team, and will receive unique experience in devising, new work, and physical/circus theatre.
This internship is designed for an early-career, aspiring production manager, stage manager, director or a recently-graduated student who is looking to develop a wide range of skills, experiences and connections that will benefit them personally and professionally. Current college students will be considered if their schedule allows.Read more
Time Commitment: Compensation: Interns also receive a free class at The Actors Gymnasium. To Apply:
The Actors Gymnasium is a Circus and Performing Arts organization dedicated to bringing a new physicality to the American Theatre. Encouraging ground-breaking theatrical exploration, The Actors Gymnasium teaches circus arts, physical theatre and multi-disciplinary performance to children and adults; produces original, daring works of circus-theatre; and serves as a talent resource, providing performance opportunities to our students and innovative professional event entertainment for a wider audience. At The Actors Gymnasium, people Learn To Fly – physically, emotionally, and creatively.
Dates: Rehearsals have already begun; Tech begins January 31; Production runs February 11 through March 19. Availability through February 11 or March 19 will be considered.
Although this is technically an unpaid internship, The Actors Gymnasium will provide a biweekly expense stipend of $100 during the internship.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Production Intern”. No calls, please.
Interns also receive a free class at The Actors Gymnasium.
Intern at the Circus!
Interested in Non-Profit Arts Administration? Interns at The Actors Gymnasium will develop their skills in Arts Administration while immersing themselves in the world of daring circus performers and students. Our Intern will work directly with the Executive Director, Special Events Manager, Marketing Manager, Education & Administrative Coordinators to gain an understanding of the day-to-day operations of a mid-sized non-profit arts organization. You’ll take on tasks and learn a broad range of skills in some or all of these areas:
- Non-Profit Administration
- Arts Education
- Event Entertainment
- Program Evaluations and Coordination
- Fundraising & Development
- Box Office & House Management
We want to hear what YOU’RE interested in. We will do our best to work with you and tailor your experience here to the subjects and departments you are most excited about!
- DATES: Approximately early September through late May
- TIME: 15 hours/week most likely 10am-5:30pm, Monday-Friday, with a half hour lunch. Candidates who are available to work select evenings to assist with shows will be given preference. Closed on most major holidays.
$50 per week. Other benefits include one free class per session that you work, complimentary tickets to shows, and networking with industry professionals.
Successful candidates will possess:
- An interest in arts education, arts administration, development/fundraising, marketing, event coordination, and physical theatre
- The ability to undergo and satisfactorily pass a criminal background investigation
- Customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A positive outlook, friendly disposition, and professional attitude
- Data analysis skills
- Organizational skills
- The ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
- The willingness to get hands dirty on some projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail
- The ability to learn new software programs quickly
- The ability to work independently on projects
- A collaborative attitude and ability to work under multiple supervisors
Please email your cover letter and resume with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Summer Internship. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Marketing: Our Marketing Interns assist with tasks associated with running a non-profit theater and gain a multi-faceted understanding of the different day-to-day operations of a medium-sized non-profit arts organization. Interns have a hands on comprehensive experience in arts marketing and arts education marketing that provide the skills necessary to be a viable candidate in a highly competitive field.
- Assist in planning and execution of social media, digital marketing, direct mail and other campaigns
- Maintain the theatre’s WordPress site
- Compose content for eblasts
- Maintain press and photo archives
- Assemble press kits
Events: Interns in our events department gain firsthand experience managing and coordinating performers for high profile event entertainment. Build your skillset through observation and participation in every stage of our event planning – from first lead to the big performance.
- Build and strengthen client relationships by initiating and following up on leads and requests
- Setup and administer contracts for performers and clients
- Serve as onsite contact for local events
- Attend networking Events as a representative of The Actors Gymnasium
- Create and rrganize list of client and talent contact information
Development: Interns in our development department will assist in essential and integral processes in the development, outreach, and growth of the organization.
- Serve as the communication liaison for crucial development events
- Compose and edit critical documents for grants, donors, and board members
- Create content and help drive our social media campaigns
- Maintain, update, and track donor information in our Giftworks database
- Assist Executive Director as needed
Education: Our education department will expose interns to all sides of coordinating and running both onsite and outreach programs with professionals from various backgrounds – from teaching artists and administrators to school principals and program directors.
- Create and administer contracts for offsite outreach programs
- Organize and balance schedules for classes, productions, workshops, and other events
- Compiling reports on enrollment, student demographics, and other data
- Maintaining databases and mailing lists
- Registering students for classes